Sunday, October 23, 2011

Budapest!

After spending 2 weeks in Croatia, we took a train from Zagreb to Budapest, Hungary...which happens to be my homeland (on my Dad's maternal side)! The train was 7 hours long and was slow as molasses, although it was nice not to be in car - particularly for Niko. The train was very similar to the Darjeling Limited trains with the separate rooms with 6 seats each. We arrived in Buda and navigated our way over to Pest, where all the hotels are. It's such a beautiful city

I was about to go into detail, but instead I am going to post pictures and hopefully elaborate later, but overall we LOVED Budapest. We sprung for a fancy hotel right downtown and we able to relax in between sight-seeing. Some highlights include: the FOOD, which is incredible - pastries, chicken paprika, goulash...the people - so friendly....the castles and architecture - so unique and stunning, the Turkish baths (we spent hours there)...turns out they are better than the Turkish baths in Turkey. 

I could go on and on... I highly recommend Budapest to everyone.









No comments:

Post a Comment